Walter James Taylor
Forty plus years experience in real estate brokerage, management, financing, underwriting mortgage loans, and escrow and title company loan closings; as well as in financing, reconstruction, rehabilitation, and marketing of urban properties.
• Developer and managing agent of 88 units of FHA insured senior housing supervising onsite staff of twelve.
• Developer of 200 units of market rate FHA insured multi-family housing.
• Winning redevelopment bid for 500 affordable units and shopping center.
• Numerous appearances before planning commissions and city councils; and testimony before California State Legislative Committees (securing three “Taylor” amendments to the California State Housing Act).
• Instrumental in opening non-profit development opportunities of federally assisted multifamily housing; conducting a press conference that directly changed the affirmative lending requirements of California and national mortgage industries by mandatory removal of institutional lender redlining practices.
• 15+ years management of complex civil litigation, legal research, brief writing, live argument of points and authorities in adversarial court hearings; with in depth knowledge of federal and state court structure and systems; numerous appearances in the Superior Court, successful appeal before the California Court of Appeals.
• Experienced handler of land acquisition; building design; construction; interim and takeout financing; equity accumulation, seed money, government regulations; project presentation; political opposition; print and electronic media, press conferences; internet; litigation, team building and supervision; on-site management and security.
• Director of Safety and Security at Patten University: initiating, training, and coordinating entire University, K-12 Patten Academy, and the Christian Cathedral Church campus security and safety programs.